Emmy


For those that didn't know this is me and my beautiful doggy friend Emmy.
I spent this last year exploring the trails around my home in Kuranda, with her inspiration to get me out reconnecting to the land once again.
Unfortunately just over a week ago a tick took her life.
Although she wasn't around for long, I wanted to share this picture and express the joy she brought into my world.
The love animals give us is truely a gift and certainly Emmy will be in my heart and thoughts for a very long time.
Just before she died I wrote her a song. I played and sung it to her but honestly, I think she prefered it when I had stopped and was giving her a pat!!
Still I'll finish this blog with the lyrics....
It doesn't take much to see,
What an impact you've had on me,
Your big brown eyes change the way I'm feeling inside,
I'm no longer lonely.
I'm up and down I feel this pain in my journey thats changing me
Its your company, that is so healing
Its your quiet company, it is so healing
You've got me walking now everyday
Out underneith the sky.
My life seems clearer in so many ways,
Its your constant love thats why.

I'm up and down I feel this pain in my journey thats changing me
Its your company, that is so healing
Its your quiet company, it is so healing
Emmy you are so lovely
You are so lovely
My darling Emmy

Comments