New Album 'Of The Spirit'


  The last year and a half I have continued working in very fulfilling creative projects. 
Working as a musician with Inscape – Instant Instrumentals - Photography by Damian Baker
Fire Shows with Hobart Fireflies - Photography by Damian Baker
Being a creative producer at Kickstart Arts – Musiq Garden Events - Photography by Karen Brown
Acting in Crankit Theatre – Climate change performance - Photograph by Damian Baker
And song writing for the Bob Brown Foundation – Tarkine in Motion - Photography by Charles Chadwick

The songwriter in me began dreaming and planning to produce my third album, grabbing the opportunity to record late in 2018. Choosing to do this in my bedroom allowed me to explore harmony and work with close musical friends to create song arrangements.
Recording Video - Short film by Damian Baker & Shelley Cusiter

This year I’ve been collaborating with sound engineers doing the post production, a graphic designer who’s helped me get all my hand drawn pictures to become part of the album release as well as rebuilding my website.
New Website - Built & Designed by Roxane Jossa

I’ve really enjoyed every step of making this album ‘Of The Spirit’.
It’s exciting to be sharing these softer spiritual songs that nourish my inner journey and inspiration to live with an open heart, in kindness and gratitude.
The drawings also reflect this story. Often during a spiritual retreat or connection to a beautiful natural place I draw in my journal to express the powerful experience I’m having.
The process of taking these quiet and intimate creations into the world to share has been sweet. Like growing a flower from seed, watering and nurturing until it’s in full bloom, so colourful and vibrant. Tee,hee,hee somehow full bloom is happening in the middle of our Tassie winter…such a joy to share this new release with you!
 
There’s also going to be intimate live concert at Dreamfarm Eco-Art Retreat in the Huon Valley, with a bonus screening of SIMPLE LIFE Animation by Tiff Norchick on Sunday August 11th, bookings are essential:
 
On a personal note, the biggest gift that’s come into my life is my partner Damian and our new baby growing in my belly. There’s nothing more amazing than creating a new life! I move towards this spring birth and a whole new chapter in my life with anticipation.
Love and blessings
Shells xoxoxo

Comments