Endings and New Beginnings


My final year of uni flew past, leaving me blinking in surprise as I looked down at my certificate, a Bachelor of Music Degree sitting in my hands. 
 
Waaaahhhh it’s finished!
I feel so grateful to have spent the last 3½ years learning and exploring the incredible world of music. Ha,ha,ha in fact I think I could easily take a full life time to learn about it, if that was possible ;)
It’s been a busy year outside of uni as well.
 
Crankit Theatre, the troupe I’m part of, put on our first full production ‘Not Dead Yet’, a theatrical exploration of death and dying in a medley of puppetry and poetry, clown and cabaret, song and story, music and mask
 
We hope to re-stage the show next year for a longer season at the Moona Arts Centre…here’s some snippets to watch in the mean time.
I’ve also been enjoying spinning and performing regularly with ‘The Fireflies’.
 
Oh and I’m learning to walk on stilts too…eeeeeeee soooo fun!! This is me with my dearest friend Ada, both of us practicing together.
 
My eternal love affair with our stunning wilderness continues to move me and I was delighted to be part of this years ‘Tarkine in Motion’, joining 120 other artists to fight for the protection of this stunning place.
 
I look forward to releasing my song ‘The Old World’ that was written as I sat below those giant, old trees…will keep you posted!

In my imagination I pictured a relaxing holiday to the tropics to celebrate the completion of my studies…but…in reality it was a quick breath before diving into starting my own creative business!
Terrifying and wonderful all at the same time ;)
This also coincided with moving house again, though I’m impressed it wasn’t moving half way across the world or even half way across Australia…no…this time I just moved from West Hobart back to South Hobart, ahhhhhmazing!!
 
So here I am. In a new home, birthing this new business as spring brushes the world back into life with blossoms and new green shoots.

Comments

pimelea said…
How delightful to read your latest blog and hear about your exciting life with its new beginnings!
I can't wait to come to Hobart again and share some more wonderful moments with you. xoxoxoxo