Room for improvement...

Hi all!
I'm in melbourne being inspired by Artists doing their part for this beautiful earth we all live on!
Check out this exhibition if you have time: www.yannarthusbertrand.com "the earth from above"
Remembering we all have a part to play in protecting our amazing wild places... from the oceans depths to the high mountains!! His photography is stunning and his message is one we all need to hear.
Another beautiful singer 'Mihirangi' who I saw perform last night, was talking about whaling... check out: www.seashepherd.org
I'm going to get involved once again with the Wilderness Society in Tassie to help fight for our amazing old giant trees... I'm sure I'll have lots more links and info once I get down there in a few weeks but in the mean time you can check out: www.wilderness.org.au

So just on my own life's journey, I feel there is always room for improvements in the way we live! Rather than get too depressed by whats going on, on a large scale, I think we can do sooo much on a small scale!!

*Composting, Recycling, Worm Farms (I've seen it in Melb. so I KNOW it works in cities too!!)
*Buying our food without packaging... GO FOOD CO-OP's!!! The amount of difference it makes in the energy of our planet to not produce that extra lot of plastic, the use of pesticides...etc.etc. We all make a difference... how worried would our big supermarkets get if we all began shopping locally, buying organic products! Tee,hee I like the thought!!
*Catching water from your shower to water your plants.
*Using re-usable pads... for the Ladies!! Go to: www.radpads.com.au but there are lots of brands to choose from, or you can make stylish one's of your own =)

I could go on and on I know! But if we all share new idea's with eachother on how to help, we'll start to build the kind of eco friendly world that is wonderful to be part of for all of the world's creatures!
So I'll finish with my lastest dicovery!! Re-usable dishcloths!! Can't believe it slipped thru for soo long without notice. I was buying those crappy plastic ones from the supermarket...terrible ;)

Love to you all
Shell xxx

Comments